Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sonata in F.
























































Hello Khun Janine,

I visited your website several times yesterday.  The first time was just a quick look around, and then on the later visits I spent considerable time, especially with your art work [and photos].   What an absolutely clever idea to mix your photos of self, family and living space with your artwork. 

I am exceedingly impressed with your paintings, they are absolutely beautiful.  My mother was an artist, and I was surprised  to notice that in some ways you have a similar style to her style - especially in your realistic landscapes with a touch of soft dreaminess.  I inherited my mother's love of art and painting, but unfortunately without the necessary talent.  So in my later years I have been able to express this creative desire by composing computer fractal designs.  Perhaps not 'art' in the most traditional sense, but it helps to let my creative juices flow.

My father was a professor of history in our native Slovakia, but his real love was his piano and his absolute addiction to the music of Mozart.  Unfortunately he died when the Nazis took control of Slovakia during WWII.  So I inherited a love of music from my father and a love of art from my mother, both very generous gifts.

Recently while listening to Mozart's Piano Sonata in F, I found myself making a new fractal design utilizing the beauty and simplicity of his 'adagio' movement as a guiding force.   Somewhat like a Japanese haiku poem I attempted to distill the essence of the music into colour and form.  I will attach both the music and design.

I too was a teacher [World literature], first in a university system in California and then spent a decade at a university in Mexico. When I retired eight years ago,  I moved to Chiang Mai, and in the process wondered why it had taken me much of my life to discover this wonderful location, people and culture!

Regards,
Gordon Stefanik

PS - On one of your pages you had the music of 'Those Were The Days'.  Some time ago I posted information about this song, and its original Russian roots.  There is even a musical selection sung in Russian.









2011/1/17 


Janine Yasovant <svanteethailand@hotmail.com>



hi khun Gordon

I was very happy to get the answer from you , I used to write to you about Champaka tree , and flowers long ago !!

My house and gallery is behind the Grandville  hotel , Super high way

 Chaing Mai , opposite Wat Ched Yod

I reread your article ..It seems like I had talked to my self , but sorry I am Thai

I was a lecturer in CMU at the Faculty of Industrial Engineering ..long ago

Nice to get your mail

Janine Yasovant 










































































                                                                                










http://jingreed.typepad.com/jingreeds_musings_from_th/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Temp song